Welcome to the online community for our book: Managing the Moment – A Leader’s Guide to Building Executive Presence One Interaction at a Time. Over time, we hope this site will become your resource for ideas that can help you enhance your professional presence. If you’ve read our book, you’re familiar with our philosophy that presence is the sum of one’s actions and behaviors, and therefore it can be learned, changed and enhanced.
Why are you here? Maybe:
- You’ve gotten some feedback that you should “work on your presence” and you don’t know what that means.
- You’ve been told you have excellent presence and you should continue to leverage it…and you don’t know what that means.
- A colleague described one of the senior partners as having “a certain presence” but couldn’t tell you why she felt that way, and now you want to know more.
- You believe that having “executive presence” will benefit your career but aren’t sure how to cultivate it.
- You’ve observed or experienced “mismanaged moments” and were intrigued by this book’s title.
- You simply want to know if you have presence…or not.
We can help you. Even more importantly, you can help each other by participating in our forums. Stop by frequently to see what’s new!